Tuesday 26 January 2010

Happy Birthday Blog

Today my blog is one year old. I gave it the title of "a 2009 Gardening Calendar" so I guess it's time to reflect on whether to carry it on for another year.

The answer is yes, for several reasons.


I now have a record of 2009 with which to compare progress in future years
Already I've found it useful to refer back to the record to remind me of what I've done and when.

During the dark winter evenings I've had great fun comparing notes with other allotment bloggers and exchanging a bit of banter too! Even when I'm not able to get to the plot the planning has continued.

Above all the discipline of posting my activities in public has reaped the reward that I've felt obliged to follow my declared intentions!

Of course I have been selective about where I point the camera (the recent snow had the wonderful effect of hiding the weeds) but It has been my most productive year for ages.


What I will being doing differently in 2010

Record how much time I've spent at the plot, week by week - It's a lot less than you think!

Make a record of expenditure. This is probably a bit of a cheat as most of my expenditure for this growing year has already been made (Fencing, compost, seeds and plants) but hey, you've got to start somewhere.


Don't worry, these mundane matters will just be footnotes as I also intend the photos to continue to be the main part of the blog.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first anniversary. Recording how much time you spend on the plot, and expenditure will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many happy returns!I'm glad you've decided to continue and hope we'll see more of your blog this year.Orrabest,Is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And it is very useful to go back and see what, when and how you have done something, and how it has turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many happy returns and long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I look forward to seeing what you can produce in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete